HOWTO: Sync eWallet for Mac with an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
There are two ways to sync between eWallet for Mac and eWallet for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch): one, using Local Wi-Fi sync, and two, using cloud sync.
Local Wi-Fi Sync
To set up sync with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, first make sure you have a wallet on the Mac with the same name and password as the one on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad. If you have a wallet on the Mac that is not on the device yet, the sync process will ask to copy it over the first time you sync.
To create a wallet on your Mac, start eWallet and go to File -> New. Make sure it has the exact same name and password as the wallet on your Apple mobile device.
Then, set up the sync partnership:
- Connect your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to a wireless network that your Mac can access. If your Mac is connected via Ethernet (hard-wired) to your wireless router or to a network with a wireless access point, you will also be able to sync in most cases.
- Start eWallet on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad and tap the synchronize button (arrows in a circle) at the bottom of the screen.
- Open your wallet file in eWallet on your Mac and click the Sync Manager button in the toolbar. You must have a wallet file open on the Mac to do this.
- Click “Add”, then click the iPhone/iPad/iPod button and follow the instructions. You may be asked to enter the IP address from your device - you will find it at the bottom of the black synchronization screen displayed on your device.
- Click “Close” to close the Sync Manager window on your Mac.
- Click “Sync Now” in the toolbar, or Synchronize -> Sync Now from the menus.
Synchronization requires a Wi-Fi network that your Mac and Apple mobile device can both connect to. Unfortunately, Apple does not allow access to the USB connection or the iTunes sync process for non-Apple software.
If you cannot set up local Wi-Fi sync, try following these tips or switch to the more automatic Cloud Sync (see below).
eWallet’s SyncPro engine on macOS has a cloud sync option. With cloud sync there is no need for a direct connection between devices to sync – and of course you can also use cloud sync as one method of creating backup files of your wallet and get it stored safely off-device and off-site.
For detailed instructions on configuring cloud sync, open eWallet’s built-in help documentation on the Mac and select Synchronization -> Cloud Sync, or see our article on Setting up eWallet’s cloud sync on macOS.
- Android ,
- iPad ,
- iPhone ,