HOWTO: How to sync data from a Windows Mobile device to a Windows PC
If you have eWallet data on a Windows Mobile device and want to synchronize it to a new Windows PC (or one that has been restored from a crash), use the instructions below.
First, install eWallet to your Windows PC.
Then, do the steps below to set up synchronization:
- Connect your device to the PC
- In the Windows PC version of eWallet, click File -> New Wallet and choose to create a new wallet. Make sure this wallet file has the same exact name as the wallet you are using on your Windows Mobile device. The name of the wallet on the device will appear above the list of all of your cards.
- Click on the Synchronize menu
- Click on Setup
- Right click on the name of your mobile device and pick “Device Overwrites Wallet”. The proper name will have (Connected) after it.
- Choose OK to close the Setup window
- Synchronize eWallet
To resume back and forth synchronization, you will need to return to the Setup window and set the sync direction for your device to “Wallet Synchronizes with Device”.
- Windows Mobile