Sync Android eWallet with Windows PC eWallet via Wi-Fi
Synchronization with eWallet for Android via Wi-Fi requires:
- an Android device, Android OS version 4.0.3 or newer (including Kindle Fire), or BlackBerry 10 device
- a Wi-Fi network your PC and Android device can both connect to
- latest versions of eWallet on Android AND Windows PC
- If you have a license for eWallet for Windows Desktop already, download the latest version here.
- If you have a license for an older version of Desktop eWallet (version 6 and older), you can get the latest version here.
(For Wi-Fi syncing, your device must be DISCONNECTED from the USB cable!)
To set up sync the first time from a PC wallet to your device: (use these same sync instructions for BlackBerry 10 eWallet)
- Connect your Android device and your PC to the same network via Wi-Fi. If your PC is connected via Ethernet (hard-wired) to your wireless router or to a network with a wireless access point, you will also be able to sync in most cases.
- Open the eWallet app on the Android (do not need to open a wallet here).
- At any wallet log-in screen, tap "Sync" OR at your list of wallet files or inside of a wallet tap the sync arrows icon on the Menu bar.
- Choose Sync Setup and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Then open your wallet file in eWallet on your PC, and click Sync Manager on the Home tab. You must have a wallet file open on the PC to synchronize.
- Click "Add", then Device Sync, then click the Android button and follow the instructions.
Click on your device listing and click "OK".
Enter the code showing on the Android device in large letters, and click "Submit".
eWallet will ask if you want to synchronize now. Click "Yes".
- If you do not have Bonjour installed, you will receive a notification prompting if you would like to install Bonjour from Apple. Bonjour is NOT required for the Android to sync over wi-fi, and you may choose "OK" to bypass the message and enter the IP address displayed on your device, or "Cancel" to cancel the Sync Setup.
To synchronize after setting up sync:
- Connect your Android device and your PC to the same network via Wi-Fi (PC can be hard-wired).
- Open eWallet on your Android device and press "Sync" or the sync arrows icon on the Menu bar.
- Then tap "Synchronize".
- In eWallet on the PC, click the "Sync Now" button in the Home toolbar.
If you are having trouble syncing or setting up sync, please CONTACT US, and be sure to include the complete text of any messages you are seeing in the Sync or Sync setup process.