HOWTO: How do I synchronize ListPro with my Windows Mobile device?
ListPro uses File Synchronization (part of ActiveSync under Windows XP, or Windows Mobile Device Center under Vista) to synchronize its information.
Make sure File Synchronization is turned on:
- In Windows XP with ActiveSync, open ActiveSync with your device connected, and go to Tools -> Options. Place a checkmark next to Files if there isn’t already one.
- In Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center, connect your device and then open WMDC. Click Manage Device, then Change Content Sync Settings, and place a checkmark next to Files.
Then, make sure that your files are in the right place:
- If your data is on your desktop PC, just open ListPro, pick File -> Synchronization and follow the wizard.
- If your data is on your Windows Mobile device, just open up the synchronized files folder for your PDA. This folder is in your My Documents (Documents on Vista) and is called something like “<Device Name> My Documents” or “Documents on <Device Name>”.
Note: ActiveSync and WMDC can only synchronize your data if the file is not in use. Make sure to close ListPro on your desktop PC, as well as on your Windows Mobile device, before syncing.
- To close ListPro on a Windows Mobile device with a touch screen, use your favorite task manager, or start ListPro and tap OK until you see the All Folders list.
- To close ListPro on a Windows Mobile device without a touch screen, use your favorite task manager, or start ListPro and pick Menu -> Open File.
- Windows Mobile