I can't sync eWallet for Android, iPhone, or iPad with my Mac!
If you are having trouble syncing between eWallet® on your iPhone, iPad or Android device and your Mac using local Wi-Fi network, there are a few things you can to do help troubleshoot your Wi-Fi synchronization problems (alternatively, you can use eWallet’s cloud sync):
eWallet synchronization with Android and Apple mobile works over a local Wi-Fi connection between your Mac and your mobile device. If your computer connects to your wireless router with an Ethernet cable, you should still be able to sync. You cannot sync via USB.
Since the sync process works using a network connection, anything that disrupts the network connection between your Mac and your mobile device could prevent you from syncing.
If eWallet cannot find your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, or if it cannot connect after detecting it:
- Be sure to add Exceptions or Rules to your firewall/antivirus to Allow “Bonjour” and “eWallet” to pass through. (See here for a list of ports to allow.)
- Reboot your Wi-Fi router or access point, and THEN your Mac and mobile device. Verify that your device has re-connected with your network and not another one nearby.
- If you have an existing Android or iPhone/iPod/iPad Sync Location in the desktop eWallet Setup, remove it, and then run Sync Setup again, starting on the mobile device FIRST.
Also, be sure you have the latest versions of eWallet on both devices.
iPhone & iPad
To update or re-download eWallet on your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad device or Mac:
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad (for Mac, use the Mac App store)
- Choose Updates
- Choose Purchased
- Click on the download icon next to eWallet
You can view the iPhone & iPad eWallet sync instructions here: How to Sync eWallet for Mac with an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
If you are still having trouble:
Reset the network settings on your iPhone or iPad device, by going to Settings → General → Reset → Reset Network Settings. You will have to log in to your Wi-Fi network again.
You can view the iPhone/iPod/iPad eWallet sync instructions here: How to Sync eWallet for macOS with an Android device
eWallet’s SyncPro Cloud Sync
eWallet 8 for macOS also provides an option (in the included SyncPro sync engine) to sync via the cloud. We’ve included links to articles below to tell you how to do the one-time setup for cloud sync.
- Android ,
- iPad ,
- iPhone ,