If you experience a sync error message that includes "Unable to delete file" or "Invalid Hash for no password wallet" when attempting to sync with an Android device, this sync error ends with "SYNC RESULT: FAILURE - eWallet was unable to sync any wallets".
This error can occur on any Windows PC computers that have recently been updated to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 PCs that update to IE 11. The specific message most likely indicates that you are using an older version of eWallet on your Windows PC Desktop.
To fix this sync error make sure you have taken the following steps:
- UPDATE your Windows PC to the latest version of eWallet. You can check the current version number HERE.
- Update your Android device to the latest version of eWallet. Do so through the same app store that you originally used to purchase eWallet on your Android.
- Assuming ALL of your eWallet data is available on your desktop PC, delete ALL of the wallet data files from the Android:
- Open eWallet on the Android.
- Tap "Wallets" to navigate to the list of wallet files on the device.
- Tap+Hold on each wallet file and choose Delete.
- Reboot the Android (Power OFF and then Power ON) <--- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP
- Verify that the deleted wallets are no longer in the list of eWallet files on the Android device.
- Set up your Android sync location with the PC from scratch.
- Open your wallet file on the PC.
- Click "Setup".
- Highlight your existing Android sync location and click "Remove".
- On your Android tap the sync button to put it into sync mode.
- On the PC Sync Setup window, click Add > Android > Wi-Fi.
- And finish following the prompts for adding a new sync partnership between your PC's eWallet and eWallet on your Android device.
- Finally, click YES to sync a fresh copy of your PC wallet file into your empty Android device.
As always, please contact us if you continue to experience any more problems with your synchronization. Be sure to include the full and exact text of the error!