HOWTO: Sync eWallet for Mac with an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
To set up sync with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, first make sure you have a wallet on the Mac with the same name and password as the one on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad. If you have a wallet on the Mac that is not on the device yet, the sync process will ask to copy it over the first time you sync.
To create a wallet on your Mac, start eWallet and go to File -> New. Make sure it has the exact same name and password as the wallet on your Apple mobile device.
Then, set up the sync partnership:
- Connect your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to a wireless network that your Mac can access. If your Mac is connected via Ethernet (hard-wired) to your wireless router or to a network with a wireless access point, you will also be able to sync in most cases.
- Open eWallet on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad and tap the synchronize button (arrows in a circle) at the bottom of the screen.
- Open your wallet file in eWallet on your Mac and click the Sync Setup button in the toolbar, or pick Synchronize -> Setup from the menus. You must have a wallet file open to do this.
- Click "Add", then click the iPhone/iPad/iPod button and follow the instructions. You may be asked to enter the IP address from your device - you will find it at the bottom of the black synchronization screen displayed on your device.
- Click "Close" to close the Synchronization Setup window on your Mac.
- Click "Sync Now" in the toolbar, or Synchronize -> Sync Now from the menus.
Synchronization requires a WiFi network that your Mac and Apple mobile device can both connect to. Unfortunately, Apple does not allow access to the USB connection or the iTunes sync process for non-Apple software.
If you cannot set up sync, try following these tips.