FAQ: How can I use NewsBreak to check my Gmail?
With a Windows Mobile 2003 or later device, just do the following:
- Add https://gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom to your NewsBreak Channels
- Go to the Password Tab of the Channel Properties window for that channel
- Enter your Gmail username and password
Adding more than one Gmail feed:
NewsBreak requires some extra steps if you have more than one Gmail feed, due to how the program is designed:
- Create a new channel using the 'I know the URL' option in the wizard. When filling in the information, enter in the full gmail feed url (https://gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom) and do not press the 'Download Default Name' option. Instead, enter in the name yourself.
- Finish the channel wizard and open the channel - if you get a password prompt dismiss it, don't enter anything. You'll see a channel error if that happens; this is okay.
- Open the channel properties (Tools -> Channel Properties) and go to the Password tab, then enter in your GMail password for that account.
- Refresh the channel - you should see all your new mail for this particular account.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4, but do this instead. Enter in something like https://gmail.google.com/gmail for the URL in step 1 - this tricks NewsBreak into thinking you're adding a totally different feed. When you go to the Channel Properties in step 3, enter in the real full URL.