A security update from Google Prevents the Google Chrome browser from installing extensions outside of the Google Chrome Web Store. You can still install the Chrome AutoPass extension by doing this:
- Right-Click and choose to "Save Link As..." to download the extension file (ewalletautopass.crx) to your computer (save it somewhere you can easily find it, like your Desktop):
- Clicking the link in step 1 will automatically start the file download. You should also see the error "Extensions, apps, and user scripts can only be added from the Chrome Web Store."
- If you didn't save the file somewhere you can easily find it, then:
- click the three bar icon in the upper right-hand corner on the browser toolbar.
- Select Downloads, and under the downloaded ewalletautopass.CRX file, choose "Show in folder".
- In the Chrome browser, click the three bar icon again.
- Select Tools > Extensions.
- From the folder with the downloaded ewalletautopass.crx file, drag the file onto the Extensions page.
- Review the list of permissions in the dialog that appears. If you would like to proceed, click Add.
Once the extension is installed, make sure AutoPass is enabled in your list of extensions. AutoPass should also be enabled in your eWallet options preferences.