To install a program from a .cab file on a Pocket PC:
A .cab file is a self-contained product installation file that's
run directly on a Windows Mobile Pocket PC or Smartphone.
- Download the appropriate .cab file by clicking on the link on the trial page. If you don't know which one you want, pick Start->Settings->System->About on your Pocket PC. Look for the line that says Processor: on the window that will be displayed.
- Copy the .cab file you downloaded to My Documents on your Pocket PC using ActiveSync->Explore.
- Pick Start->Programs->File Explorer on your Pocket PC, and tap the .cab file you'll see in the file list. This will run the .cab file, install the program, and erase the .cab file.
To install a program from a .cab file on a Smartphone:
- Using ActiveSync/Explore on your Windows PC, paste the .cab file into the folder called either My Smartphone\IPSM\Windows\\Start Menu
or My Smartphone\Storage\Windows\Start Menu on your Smartphone.
- On your Smartphone, return to the Home screen. You should see the .cab file in the Programs menu. If you don't see it there, go to Accessories, choose Create Shortcut, then Cancel. The .cab file will now be in the Programs menu.
- Pick the .cab file from the Programs menu. This will install the program, and erase the .cab file.
If you're installing over an earlier copy of the same program, be sure the program is not running before reinstalling (you may need to take the battery out of your Smartphone to be sure all programs are closed).
To install a program from a .prc file:
A .prc file is a self-contained product installation file that's
run directly on a Palm Handheld.
- Download the appropriate .prc file by clicking on the link on the trial page.
- Double-click the file you downloaded. The file should then appear in the Windows Palm Install Tool.
If the file does not open or get placed into the above location, you may follow these steps to install the .prc manually:
- Click the Windows Start Menu and select: Programs->Palm Desktop->Palm Install Tool.
- Click the Add or Browse button.
- Tap the window next to Look in and select the location where you saved the .prc file.
- Double-click the .prc file.
- Click Done or Install.
- Perform a HotSync.